I get into New Orleans at around 3pm today, and I am at the short layover. The short layover has a really nice running/biking path about a mile from the hotel, and it goes for miles and miles!! I plan on getting at least 6 miles in today, NO EXCUSES!!!!
The next day, I have 2 legs, and end up in LGA(Queens). I get in around 4ish. Considering it is starting to get dark around 5:30 now, I won't have too much time to get in a run ( maybe I am justifying again ). I can't stand the treadmill, and much prefer running outside, but will use the treadmill as a last resort. I love the park near our short layover in Queens. Flushing-Meadow Corona Park. This is where I ran the Queens half. So maybe I will do a little night run, maybe 4 miles through the park. If not, I'll hit 4 miles on the dreaded treadmill, but I also wanted to go get an icey from the corona ice king!!! Since King Of Queens is one of my favorite shows, this is the place where, in the intro to the show, Doug and Kerry are getting an icey and as they turn to leave , Doug drops his. I'll post pics if I make it. But I have to get my run in. NO EXCUSES!!!!
The next day is an easy one, just one leg from LGA TO Houston. And we have a long Houston layover downtown. Although everyone loves this layover, I can really take it or leave it. Downtown Houston is a place where, when I do my runs there, It hasn't been very pleasant. I've just had bad experiences there with my runs, but I will try again. Maybe on this day I will try and get another 6 miler in, we will see how god awful hot and humid it is. NO EXCUSES!!!
This should put me up to 16 miles by Friday. I will start back on my long runs next week, for I need to get back in the swing of things, and can't risk an injury for I have 2 races coming up. I have recurrent training on Saturday, but I should get out of there by around 3. Depending on how worn out I am from the 3 days of straight running ( after being a slack monster for the past 3 weeks ) I might try and get the final 4 miles I will need to get me to 20 total miles for the week, and then take Sunday off. My weeks begin on Sunday's. Like the theme of this blog title, NO EXCUSES!!!

-Running to a town near you!!!
Mike
Location:On my flight from Newark To Houston
No comments:
Post a Comment