Saturday, October 29, 2011

Total Fail!!!

   Well, if you read my last post, entitled "No Excuses" You would have thought I was gonna tear it up this week!! Well, TOTAL FAIL!!! I started out in New Orleans with nothing but motivation on my mind, and hit the 6 mile mark, albeit, a slow 6 miler, but , no the less, a 6 miler!! I was starting my weekly plan off right, but it just got worse in the next few days!! My Garmin Stats of my 6 miler in New Orleans

   I was all set to hit a 4 miler in Queens, but, when I got there, I had nothing but the Lemon Ice King Of Queens on my mind!!! I figured, once I got my Icee, I would goto the gym, and do a quick 4 miles on the treadmill, but, instead, I watched the Pens game, and ate like a PIG!!! I was again justifying in my head , that I would hit 6 miles in Houston, and then 4 miles on Friday night or Saturday after my airline training....well, TOTAL FAIL!!! In Houston, I got into my room and did the number one sin to do when you want to run......I took a 2 hour nap!!!! The way it usually works for me is, when I need to get a run in, no matter how tired I am, I do it as soon as I get into a layover, not after a nap, or anything else I think needs to be done, Running takes top priority with me!!!!

   Not sure what is in my head for the " lack " of motivation, but the one thing I do know is, I am eating too much junk, and laying around making excuses why and when the NEXT time I will run, and why I can't do it today!!! I think I need some running structure!! A new challenge, and guideline!!! I am going to try this one: I am going to do a long run on Sunday, followed but a short recovery run on Monday ( maybe 3 miles ). Then, on Tuesday I will hit the gym for some cross weight training. On Wednesday I will do speed work on the dreaded treadmill, followed by another trip to the gym on Thursday for more weight cross training. Friday will be a 6 miler day, with Saturday being a total break day!!!
This is what I contend with tomorrow!!
The famous spot from King Of Queens!! Damn good Icee's too!!
   Listen folks, I can sit here and type all about the plans I have to run my butt off, but, actions speak a lot louder than these words!!! So stay tuned!!! Should be interesting tomorrow because of all the snow we got here in Jersey!! Am I making excuses again?? STAY TUNED!!

Yeah, When I should of been running, I decided to hit the Icee stand and pack a few hundred calories on instead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment